Sunday, January 6, 2013

It's Captain Sun!


Two pieces of fan art for Pastor Bryce Morgan's Rescue Me. I did the colors all by my self! This was  training project I did for myself to learn how to Flat (the lower illustration is how my flats look prior to going to the colorist). The top illustration is me practicing digital airbrushing. Rescue Me is another children's piece. The graphic novel is written as a devotional for children and uses the super hero characters to teach essential Biblical concepts. So its not a "Christian Comic" per se but more of a creative teaching mechanism. It has a wholesome message and good looking stylized artwork by Mitch Martin. I liked what I saw and did some fan art for them. I gave ol' Captain Sun my spin and tried to give him a more functional and realistic uniform. For more on Rescue Me or to order the book (WHICH HAS ME FEATURED IN THE FAN ART SECTION!) go to http://itscaptainsun.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment