Monday, August 15, 2016

D.L. can I have a piece of gum?


Today's color study is of my art buddy Noelle. She is a up an once fashion major turned up and coming fine artist.

This particular piece is accurately titled "D.L.? Can I have a piece of gum?"-Noelle in repose. Simply because Noelle has asked me for gum for the past 2 semesters while we slaved away under the tutelage of Prof. Moyers.

Noelle is a talented painter! I mean home girl can stroke! Check out her blog Artistrfun.wordpress.com to see her stuff. I like the reference photo because it truly captured her personality.

This particular piece was illustrated digitally using sketchbook pro using my Samsung Tablet.  I started out with the observing her base photo taken by Kalonji Almond.
Screenshot_2016-03-23-18-15-26

I then did a quick pencil study to get the feel and flow of the pose

I next did a more detailed pencil study using a digital light box technique




No comments:

Post a Comment