Wednesday, May 4, 2016

ILD311 - All Hail the Queen

Today’s midterm assignment… pencil illustration using hatching and line work, without blending for shading….Yup right up my ally yo!

So, I chose one of my favorite subject… Katey Segal as Gemma Teller. Katey is just hot. I don’t care what yinz say…She was hot as Peggy Bundy, she was hot as Gemma Teller, she was hot as Nancy Gilroy…  

I like Katey because she is glam without glam. Yeah she has had some things worked on, but overall she has the “dude your mom is hot” vibe going on.


This illustration took all of 2 to 3 hours to complete (in multiple settings – because I was very sick while trying to complete this). I got a new light box, which was just awesome and it really helped lay out the basic structure and anatomy of this portrait.

initial pencil sketch in progress


First round critique




second round critique

No comments:

Post a Comment