Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Bathsheeba In Blue #2 Final renders

As I continue this journey in art, I am finding that I am evolving as a person also. As Pablo Picaso found himself in “blue” period, as well as Yves Klein (IKB) … I am also finding myself enamored with the hue, temperature, and tone of blue.  But mine is not one of depression it is one of mania! I am excited about the future, what it holds, the unsure apprehension, the challenge, the adventure. God created me a warrior. He created me with fear but also blessed me with the courage to conquer it. I was raised by both parents that I am not to fear and that I am to seek out that which seeks to destroy me and illuminate it without reservation, without question and without mercy! If that language is too harsh for you or you are offended… then you are not a warrior.

This same mindset found me to be drawn to the character Bathsheba… She was focus of King David’s lust, passion, and desire. She was his muse. There can be much told about the story, characters and reasons. I will leave you to ponder you own opinions and feel free to post them.   But for me I was inspired by the spectacular sculpture of Bathsheba by renowned sculptor Benjamin Victor. I happened to stumble on this masterpiece while doing anatomy research. I fell in love. I saw in Victor’s work how David fell into Bathsheba’s spell. Victor captured the moment perfectly. I

Thus Bathsheba in Blue will be my signature piece throughout my art life on this world.  I plan to continue to repaint this until I get it perfect, then paint it again changing the model and making her various woman, of various sizes, races and shapes. Because I think there is something more here than just a woman taking a bath and a King spying on her. There is a spiritual symphony of love, lust, lies and life being orchestrated before your very eyes. Unfortunately the church refuses to accept the beauty of this entire story and wants to focus on the “the thou shalts…”, this is evil, that is Holy instead of the understanding the choice beauty and freedom of free will, and the inevitable consequence of that choice….
 I wrote more than intended on this, but onto the art. I present you Bathsheba in Blue #2…



No comments:

Post a Comment