Thursday, January 21, 2016

ILD 130 WIP, War of the Worlds. Final Inks

Here are the final inks for the War of the World Illustration Project



Final inks with graphics with placement






I took the advice of Prof. Henderson and gave the tripod more "breathing room" and separated it from the title text. I also placed the martian more into the foreground by adding a hand and arm sprawled in front of Big Liz's foot.  

The challenge is going to be adding the color. Also since this image is digitally imaged I will have to re-ink it or find a way to creatively put this image onto paper. 

It seems that I will be working backwards, I would normally just digitally color a project like this, but the assignment requirement is that is done in color pencil.

So which leads me to yet another dilemma . I need a light box. I built one in high school, using 2x4's and regular light bulbs as a light source. I will probably build another tomorrow, but the light source will be a fluorescent light. I cant see paying $120 at Hobby Lobby for a box with a light source, when I can build one for about $25 to $50, and it will be to my own personal specs.

Please make feel free to comments, suggestions, rants, complaints or what ever yinz think will make this better... 


No comments:

Post a Comment