Thursday, June 9, 2016

ILD311 Project 3 - Will Smith... Our last hope...

For project 3 we were tasked to draw a wealthy and famous person. I chose Will Smith. 
Why? A multitude of reasons. #1 He is famous #2 He is wealthy #3 He is the last hope for DC's cinematic universe. With the blunder of Batman VS Superman DC has a lot of work to compete with Marvel's Civil War. But at least B vs S was better than X-Men Age of Apocalypse. 

But my issue with DC in this character is that the non comic readers are going to confuse him with Deadpool and the in fall out and facebook banter is going to be classic. I love how people like to get on face book and sound like a comic expert because they saw a movie and read the back of an action figure box. Its like us nerds trying to talk about the Steelers or Penguins .We know the teams, the players and maybe the game, but thats about it... same for the non comic types. 

But I digress

This sketch is rather large, Im thinking like 20" x 24" ish and hand inked. No digital on this one. I also inked using brushes. I wanted to try and work as quick as possible, to simulate drawing at a Con. So the likeness is... meh but the message conveyed, at least I think.

Below is the final
  


These are the warmup sketches


No comments:

Post a Comment