Tuesday, October 15, 2013

DeathShot for Ransom Comics

\
This is a Commission for Ransom Comics. It features one of their characters DeathShot. The total project took about 2 hrs from start to finish. The challenge here was creating a steampunk character that looked cool, and deadly but not silly and dumpy. I created the logo to represent the steel and bronze associated with Steampunk and swiped a background of gears from google images and added a cool burned looking border. I had to rework the company logo because all they had was a low res JPEG. I recreated the logo in illustrator and its fully vector. The googles and bowler cap proved to be the most challenging. I designed them in sketch up and then added the scratches and knicks by hand in Manga Studio 4. (note this was one of my last MS4 projects because I am solely use Manga Studio 5 now). So if you need/want a commission or need cover art... I am in business!

No comments:

Post a Comment