Thursday, May 16, 2013

Enter the Cobra!

Jimmy "Cobra" Chung and one of his slaves. Cobra Chung is the main protagonist in The HellYeah! Webcomic do to come out soon. He proves to be fun to draw and it gets challenging sometimes. I want him to look consistent in on each page, so I have two face references. One is an actor and the other is a co-worker that looks just like the actor I based Chung off of. I plan to do a photo reference shoot of my coworker so I have the reference materials I need and dont have to depend on the same internet head shots of the actor. I could do screen captures from his TV show but I dont have the time or patients. This photo could not have been possible without the very cool photo reference from Veyga on www.deviantart.com. here is a link to more of his stuff. This guy rocks with cool photo references. 

4 comments:

  1. Your work keeps getting better! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jim! I cant wait to show you the final comp! Dony Armstrong brought this thing to life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys it means a lot. Got a bad review on another project so this makes me feel better

    ReplyDelete