Thursday, January 24, 2013

BombShell Before and After

I was creating the cover for HellYeah! Issue #1. My vision had a very dynamic action pose with serious foreshortening for BombShell. So fans, here is my first serious attempt at a dynamic foreshortened pose. I used Shenshi for a photoreference, this dude is a life saver.The top version is the first layout of Bombshell with the reference from senshistock on deviant art. She looked way too basic for my liking plus though Shenshi gave great photo reference ( I like model's the right hand in the photo). But I wanted BombShell to be kicking you in the face with that spiked heel. So I reworked it and used SketchUp to get a shoe reference also. I like the results. (I will be a Jedi Illustrator one day...Just you wait!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow looks amazing!! Great work! :D You really took the photo and brought it to a new level!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sakky. You photos help me alot with ideas for pin up and for panels. Especially the action poses and shots. Thanks for all the hard work you put it. I plan to post some more of these shots showcasing how your references help up illustrators became better. (if you would be so kind can you become a member/follower of my art blog? My ego needs it)

    ReplyDelete