Final Concept Poster Art
I reworked my initial pencils. I took the advice of Prof. Henderson from my previous project. The female character was plain ol ugly. And this woman was quickly heading this direction too. I found that I was trying to focus too much on the reference image instead of making her pretty using my skill set. Most of the reasons that she was unattractive was due to poor anatomy. So Instead of trying to draw only what I saw, I constructed the skull so I could get better references on where the features should fall. This helped make her more attractive looking
Final Development work
I started to develop the inks using inking brush pens, technical pens and also a water color brushes and india ink. I started out with my line art, and then added the tonal hues. I found out the hard way that my technical pens ARE NOT waterproof. And when I added the washes for the the flesh hues. Also I scanned the image and found that it lost clarity and needed to be touched up in photoshop. Again this seemed to be working backwards to me. It added steps that added time to the project. Scanning, clean up, adding a gradient, expanding the background are all things that i could have done quickly and initially. But I do understand the importance of learning the way of the traditional pen..