Tuesday, March 15, 2016

IDL 130 Complete ...

This has been long and drawn (literally) out. I have put a lot of time into this one. I learned more about color theory than I did about illustration on this one. I am seeing how to make my line art morph into hues. I still have a strong cartoon style, with a emphasis on hard edge line work, but I am learning how to let it go. You will see this develop more as I grow as an artist. I want to paint with the influence of Robert Mcginnis and Stanley Lau with the strong graphic line style of a Brian StelfreezeSara Pichelli or David Marquez.

But here you have it. Its damn 2 AM  I got presentations to do later this morning plus I gotta work later this afternoon... ugh!

Episode 4 : Tha Afro Connection Variant Cover


Episode #5 Game of Def

Episode #6 Enter the Black Fist Tiger Lotus


Here is the process...


 Initial Flats

Initial Shades

Primary Renders

Final Touchup and Graphics




 Whats best about these is that they are done. Mind you I normally hire cover artists for The Soul of a Hero. So if you are interested drop me a line. Its a paying gig. Not much but it pays...



No comments:

Post a Comment