Friday, June 7, 2013

The Prospect

Concept art for our newest character, The Prospect. Well she is not really so new, she is actually a character that was previously designed called Sister Bad Habit. The Prospect, is Bad Habit prior to her finding Christ and becoming a nun. Phil Knox took a liking to the concept and is writing and drawing the Graphic Novel. You should see the finished portions as interludes, flashbacks, and part of a possible issue #0 in the HellYeah! Soul of a Hero web graphic novel. 

As for the art on this one. I have a lot of work to do on hands. they are still a weak point in my drawing. I am still working on my cell coloring technique. I also wanted the tattoos to look cool also. I imported the tattoo art into Manga Studio from a collage i created from clip art and swiped clips from google images. I used the mess tool in MS to try to give the tatts some volume and organic look. Tatts are not flat and wrap around the flesh. Lastly I created the BrothazGrimM logo and prospect patch in MicroMedia FreeHand (doom on adobe illustrator!). I think I found the best way to import vector images into MS now. Thanks to some tips and tricks from the VERY TALENTED GURU Byron Wilkons (of 1977 the Comic).  I am pleased with the way this one came out. Let me know what  you think, please be brutal if you have too because its the only way I can learn and become better.

No comments:

Post a Comment